So… it has come to the end of the 2018 road. We have a few days left. Christmas is behind us… I’d like to share a bit about Christmas and some random tid bit ideas that rambled in my head.
1. Why do jobs make people work a Christmas day or eve shift. I know retail blah blah blah, but honestly wouldnt everyone be more joyful to have loved ones near rather than working
2. Moms are the makers of Christmas magic, and damn it no one gives them credit. Moms work, shop, wrap, dress, cook, clean and prep for this day like it is our superbowl. I mean I have a torn meniscus on each knee and I shopped and wrapped like a boss. All to make magic happen and be felt in my home. My oldest knows its us and not Santa but it still makes her morning magical for me to go above and beyond and make it fun. Moms are amazing and while some dads do help. I feel we dont show nearly enough love to our True Christmas elves the mommas.
3. When did we lose sight of the true meaning behind the giving. We give gifts like the 3 wise kings gave gifts to the little Lord Jesus. We make things so big and out of proportion. My kids got small needs and wants. Some as simple as a cursive writing book. Nothing but smiles all around
4. Kindness isnt seasonal, people lose their shit around the holidays, if you are going Into debt to make Christmas happen, DONT. It is not worth financial ruin to buy shit people wont use or play with for 5 minutes or less. Give time, love, shared experiences. Make memories not trash.
5. New years Resolutions are upon us, I set new Goals, not resolution. Goals require planning and procedure. Goals are meant to be met no matter what.
6. I feel drained and no one seems to notice. I need surgery, and it doesnt feel like people are supportive of my recovery. Then I get in trouble for forcing things on myself to get things done even with injuries.
7. My babys 1st Christmas was amazing. She is 9mos and loved every second of gift wrap ripping and toy playing she got. Loved the magical feel a baby brings back.
How was your holiday? Any exciting news?